Dear Lyndonville Community,
Another cold Western New York winter is upon us, but the warmth and comfort we will receive from the students who grace our hallways and classrooms more than makes up for it! I hope this winter season finds you safe, warm, and productive!
We are currently at the half-way point of the school year, and we have numerous projects underway:
- As you hopefully read about on the front page of the most recent Applegram, our capital project is well underway, and we are excited about the transformational changes this project will bring to our District!
- We recently received notification from the New York State Education Department that our district and schools are all in “Good Standing” with respect to the newly implemented Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
However, this does not mean have we not identified improvement opportunities through ESSA, some of which are:
- Focus on college and career ready courses, and advanced diploma types
- Focus on the implementation of 3-8 Math and ELA Next Generation Learning Standards
- New and enhanced strategies to service our students with special learning needs
Areas that we can celebrate with our recent ESSA reports includes our outstanding graduation rate and an improvement in our daily student attendance.
- While academics is our top priority, school security and safety continues to be an important and timely topic as well. Our partnership with the Orleans County Sheriff Department, in the form our School Resource Officer (SRO), continues to thrive. Deputy Jason Barnum has become an integral part of our safety and management team here on campus. Additional training for staff are continually being planned and implemented.
- Have you downloaded the official Lyndonville CSD app yet? IF not, search for it and dowmload to your mobile device from an app store of your choice. Need assistance with this? Let us know! Have you checked out our new and improved website? If not, please do—we would love to hear your feedback!
- Our “Let’s Talk” feature on our website continues to garner interest from our community. Please consider using this feature (located on the left side of our website) if you have a comment, suggestion, question or compliment!
Here is wishing you again a safe and warm winter season!
Jason Smith, Superintendent